ESL “Extended shelf life” refers to a product created utilising strict cooking/pasteurisation and chilling steps. Combined with specific packaging, it reduces and restricts the further growth of bacteria to provide an extension of the product’s refrigerated life, generally without the need for preservatives.
Regethermic are the international specialists in delivering Cook Chill and Extended Shelf Life systems alongside equipment designed to revolutionise production schedules and quality.
With over 50 years of input into food manufacturing, health and aged care sectors, Regethermic works in a partner capacity. It identifies needs and demands and then advises equipment, systems and processes to help yield extended shelf life (ESL) and harmonious centralised production.
The Regethermic solutions provide advances in:
- Traceability / Validation
Advantages of a Central Production Kitchen:
- Labour cost savings
- Efficient time utilisation
- Increased productivity
- Economies of scale
- Economies of raw materials
- Menu variety
- Improved Nutritional/bacteriology profile
- Quality control
- Centralised preparation/control
- Streamlinedworkplace health and safety
- Food is cooked in own juices, sealing in aroma, flavour and nutrients
- Reduced moisture losses
- Increased shelf life
- Generally, no preservatives
- Reduced frequency of delivery
- Increased product shelf life
- Minimal thermal processing
Watch the Regethermic Extended Shelf Life systems animation below or contact the Regethermic team for further assistance.